Friday, July 31, 2009

What linux based os can i boot from a usb flash drive?

Ok i need a linux os that i can boot on my computer from my flash drive. I need one that can connect to my dsl on my downstairs comp through a linksys wireless adapter. Ive tried knoppix i couldn't get a signal, i tried unbuntu but it just leaves me at a huge comman prompt with nothing to enter in it. I'm about to try DSL linux. I've only tried these. Oh andi don't know what wireless card i have if any and i have a westell modem and a wireless g router on the one with dsl. Oh and the one running dsl is windows xp

What linux based os can i boot from a usb flash drive?
Maybe you should start your linux/wireless adventure by answering one thing.


You stated "Oh andi don't know what wireless card i have if any ....".


I suspect getting a wireless connection would will be very difficult if you in fact have no wireless card. That bit of info might be something you need to resolve.





Good Luck
Reply:DSL Linus is the Defacto, BUT PuppyLinux has really grown on me, It is more like a full linux distro

pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment