Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is the best Linux free or commercial that's easy to use and can read and write to NTFS partitions well?

I just want to install Linux for my sister, but she is not really in-depth computer literate, but she wants to try something new. I know linux well enough, but I have not tried every distribution. Your comments on the different distributions would be helpful.

What is the best Linux free or commercial that's easy to use and can read and write to NTFS partitions well?
Hummm... Reading a NTFS filsystem is fairly easy. I've done that with RedHat and Fedora, just mounting the Windows partition as a readonly filesystem. But WRITING to the partition was not supported (at least a year ago, when I did that).
Reply:Any distro will work just fine.





Knoppix works right off the CD.





KUbuntu is considered by many to be one of the most user friendly.


1 comment:

  1. Are you trying to make cash from your websites or blogs via popup advertisments?
    In case you do, have you ever considered using PopAds?

    ReplyDelete