Friday, May 21, 2010

Who knows how to install a Java to a Linux OS in ASUS EeePC?

Who knows how to install a Java to a Linux OS in ASUS EeePC? I purchased an EeePC 4GB Surf for my programming subjects. But then, I couldn't use the Eclipse if I don't have Java installed on the pc. Do you know how to put Java in a ASUS EeePC 4GB Surf Linux OS?

Who knows how to install a Java to a Linux OS in ASUS EeePC?
Go to java.com and download the self extracting file. Once you get that you'll open a terminal, navigate to the folder that the java download is saved to and then type





sudo sh jre-6u5-linux.i586.bin





That's the manual way to do it and seems to work better than any other I've found. Be sure to close all of your browsers before running the sh command.
Reply:I thought firefox had it on the EEE its a pain to install evan with a ubutnu based distro at times if its ubuntu based you would look for it in the repos


No comments:

Post a Comment