Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I install applications on Backtrack 2 Linux Distribution?

Hi,





I just installed the Backtrack 2 Linux distribution and I am very newbiew at everything with Linux. So say i wanted to install the Pidgin instant message source. The file name is pidgin-2.2.2.tar.bz2. What exactly would i type in to unpack that file and then install it? And I am also interested in installing Wine. Could someone walk me through that as well?

How do I install applications on Backtrack 2 Linux Distribution?
http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthr...


Try reading here. This distribution is based on slackware Linux and it CAN be difficult for beginners. If I were to recommend a distr for a "newbie" it'd be PCLinuxOS or Freespire. they're TRULY "newbie-friendly" distros.


Hope you have MANY years of fun and learning Linux!


M


No comments:

Post a Comment