Monday, May 24, 2010

When switching from windows to linux whats the best linux program to use?

I have windows os on my computer but I'm wanting to put linux on my computer and I was wondering how I would go about putting it on my computer and which linux program I should use because I have seen a lot of them?

When switching from windows to linux whats the best linux program to use?
There are a lot of them. One of the easiest to run and get used to is Ubuntu. Check them out, I'm sure you'll have fun.
Reply:if your just starting, try whats called a "live cd". Its a small version of linux that boots directly from the CD without installing to your hard drive. An example of one is Knoppix. Then if you want to do the full install, try something like Fedora Core. These are huge files though (either a series of 4 or 5 cds about 700 MB each or one dvd thats like 4 GB) so I assume you have high speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment