Friday, May 21, 2010

How to authenticate windows xp system to linux server?

I have mostly Windows XP systems some mac and one or two win98 systems. I need to authenticate these systems to a Linux server. Is there a utility that I can use to authenticate to the network and then open up the network resources? Or is there a way to use the XP system login?

How to authenticate windows xp system to linux server?
There are various ways. The best way, in my opinion, is using SAMBA (see the link in the sources below) to setup Linux as a Windows Primary Domain Controller (PDC). This capability has been around for a long time and it is extremely reliable. I ran an entire elementary school's network using an old 133Mhz PC as the PDC and file server. It was fast and nobody knew they were using Linux.
Reply:well... i don't think there's a way... since i'm not familar with linux... ask to jeeves - http://www.ask.com


No comments:

Post a Comment