Monday, May 24, 2010

Is there any way to use Linux and Adobe Illustrator on the same computer?

I really want to go to a Linux operating system after playing around with Knoppix, but I don't want to give up my high-powered graphics programs like Adobe Illustrator. (After checking out Gimp, it really doesn't compare :( ) I've looked into options like running a program called System Commander or partitioning my hard drive or setting up a new system with two hard drives, but I'm basically just starting out so I don't really have the knowledge of whether this is possible to do and how difficult it would be. Any advice or good links on this topic aside from going on a hunger strike until Adobe makes software for Linux?

Is there any way to use Linux and Adobe Illustrator on the same computer?
Congratulations on the switch to Linux!! i'm proud of you!!





you can use programs like WINE to run windows programs on linux, and you can try to install illustrator on linux.





honestly, i would install the distro to a different computer before you wipe your machine and to this just to try it out.





once you have the distro you want installed, open WINE and see if you can get illustrator installed, if it works, then you'll be totally gravy to reformat your machine and install linux.





please let me know how it works out for you. I'm a large supporter of linux and it warms my heart to hear another person switching from Winblows to Linux.





please email me at douglasedennis@gmail.com if you need more assistance


No comments:

Post a Comment