Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I get my Gigaware 25-297 Webcam to work with Linux?

I recently Downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu (linux), and for some reason my web cam that I got for Christmas will not work with it. Downloading the software doesn't work since Linux doesn't support .exe files. I need to know how to make my webcam work, or I need to find out which webcam will work with Linux.

How do I get my Gigaware 25-297 Webcam to work with Linux?
Have you tried running the exe. with WINE.





This is how you install WINE on Ubuntu.





Open a terminal, then copy and paste :





sudo apt-get update


sudo apt-get install wine





then:





winecfg





Good luck.





LUg.


1 comment:

  1. HOT WEBCAM MODELS NEEDED!
    EARN UP TO $10,000 EVERY WEEK.
    JOIN AS A BONGA MODELS WEBCAM MODEL TODAY!

    ReplyDelete