Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to install Windows 2003 server in the linux system?

I have a redhat Linux operating system..........(new system)....I have two hard drives. One of the hard disks has Linux in it.....In the other hard disk, I am planning to Load Windows 2003 Server.......After loading the Windows 2003 server , I need to boot through the Windows 2003 OS..... I mean, I need dual boot option....So that I can select the OS while booting....





How do I load Windows 2003 Server ? Is there, any sequence which I need to follow. Give me step-by step instructions....





After loading Windows 2003 server, I should be able to boot through it...





Finally, I should be able to selelect either Linux or Windows 2003 while booting....





Please help..





Thanks...

How to install Windows 2003 server in the linux system?
I would disconnect the LINUX hard drive and install Windows 2003 Server on the other HD. Once Windows 2003 is configured - disconnect that HD and boot into LINUX and make this change:





You need to add one line to lilo.conf specifying where the Windows 2003 boot files are located and run LILO when the changes are complete.





There are many resources out there which provide detailed instructions for doing this.
Reply:Thank you very much and good luck. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment